Yellowstone Packing Lists
Be prepared for your adventure in Yellowstone
Planning ahead and being prepared is the best way to enjoy any adventure. Here are our recommendations on what to bring for your guided adventure and tour in Yellowstone National Park.
Wildlife Watching and Sightseeing Tours
Activities in Yellowstone National
- Although these trips are mostly road based, it is important to be prepared. Here is a list of items we recommend bringing:
Guided Hiking Tours in Yellowstone
- Comfortable clothing - Be prepared to be both inside and outside of the vehicle
- Comfortable footwear - For standing and light walking
- The Essentials - camera, cell phone, wallet, hat, sunglasses
- Small day pack w/ extra snacks and bottle of water
- Being outside and way from the crowds and cars is a wonderful experience in Yellowstone. Here are a few recommended items to bring on your next day hike:
Backpacking Adventures in Yellowstone
- Comfortable hiking clothing - We recommend hiking pants or shorts, not jeans. Good non-cotton socks are a plus.
- Good shoes - Shoes should be previously used, comfortable, and in good condition.
- Day Pack - to secure items and extras like snacks.
- The Essentials -camera, cell phone, wallet, sunglasses, water bottle(s).
- If you have bear spray, bring it. Otherwise bear spray will be provided.
- Trekking poles are nice but not everyone likes them.
- Sleeping in the forest, under the stars, and in the wilderness of Yellowstone is a true backcountry experience. Being prepared but not over packed for a backpacking trip is a fine line. We want everyone to be comfortable and ready for the trek.